Monday, December 22, 2008

Perfume + Sequined Converse

I think that it's time for some randomocity. This is a post about perfume's I like and about what I think about sequined Converse, with of course, visual guidance's to help the reader.

We should start with the perfumes:

First, there's Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Now, I personally love Marc Jacobs. He is a brilliant designer, and brilliant person, and even though his name is known pretty much everywhere, I still don't mind seeing his creations and his name everywhere, or being said everywhere. I really don't. Daisy is obviously one of my favorites. The smell is so delicate and sweet, with a hint of strawberries, violet leaves, jasmine petals, grapefruit, and many other unique notes added. The whole idea of Marc Jacobs creating a perfume of what he would imagine a daisy flower to smell like is just astonishing. The daisy is my favorite flower, and I think that's why I love this perfume so much. I could never catch myself walking out of a Macy's without spritzing some of this onto my wrists and just loving it.

Princess by Vera Wang is just a heart-shaped bottle filled with a fragrance that is both rich in trendiness and elegance. This perfume has an 'oriental' (according to its description) feel to it, with the scents of water lily, mandarin, guava, and apricot to it. If you ask me, the key notes sound like this perfume would smell like fruits with a splash of flowers, which it sort of is, but there's more to it, at the same time. It's youthful, pretty, and very girly, which is what makes it so adorable.


Madame by Jean Paul Gaultier, is French, which you know means it must be good. This stuff is so energetic. The listed notes are orange zest, sparkling rose, musk, and cedar wood, so to have so little amount of scents all put together and creating such a courageous smell is amazing. Gaultier's Madame is bold, beautiful, and independent. I think it's one of the best perfumes I've ever smelled, and I only just discovered it about a month ago, which is pretty crazy, because with the other two it took me awhile to actually start liking them. I absolutely adore Madame.


Now on those strange Converse! I was only able to find four different colors of the shoe, but I think they're just really out there. I've always been a fan of Converse, in fact I own about four pairs of them all in different somewhat crazy colors, and being able to find out about these, it just honestly blows my mind!

The purple sequined Converse. It shimmers, it's colorful, it's for the person who's not afraid to put on purple shoes!
The red sequined Converse. This color makes the shoe respectful, and bright. It's an outstanding color on its own, plus, Nick Jonas owns a few pairs of these!
The black sequined Converse. These are sleek, slimming, and stylish, as all dark colored clothing and shoes should be.
The silver sequined Converse. Put these on and your feet will turn themselves into a disco ball when the lights go out. I love this color, and I love this shoe.
There you go: my take on perfumes and Converse. Now, if I had to choose from between these two groups and their individuals, I think I would most likely purchase Madame by Jean Paul Gaultier and the purple colored Converse. "Why Madame?", you may ask, well, it's all because of its tang-iness. This perfume was made for me. It has a wonderful scent that I know will keep me happy until the bottle is empty. "Why purple?", you may ask, well, it's all because I love purple! My favorite color would have to be blue, but I love purple and most of the clothing I own are either purple, blue, or black, so there you have it.

No comments: